Etisalat, SAP roll out key business solutions
Dubai, October 15, 2012
UAE telecom operator Etisalat has joined forces with leading business software company SAP to launch a new suite of mobile applications aimed at improving the enterprise mobility solutions for the UAE business sector.
Unveiling the new application, Etisalat said the 'Smart Mobility Suite for SAP Solution’ aims to expand the enterprise mobility of the UAE business sector by enabling industries to utilize mobile technology to streamline their workforce management and workflows.
In particular, it will improve productivity in areas of business operation such as field force management, inventory management, workflow approvals, IT asset management, fleet management and facilities management, said a top official.
“Partnering with SAP allows Etisalat to offer efficient and comprehensive mobility solutions that will increase productivity for companies in the UAE. This agreement confirms our leadership position in the field of mobility solutions, and we will continue to explore new and innovative ways to improve workforce operations for businesses,” remarked Abdulla Hashim, the senior VP, ICT at Etisalat.
Qais Gharaibeh, the managing director of SAP UAE said, "Mobility is central to our innovation agenda and a powerful technology trend that has broad and deep impact across both the enterprise and consumer markets."
"We are proud to partner with Etisalat to help drive the mobile revolution and, together, our ability to unwire core business processes that will unlock tremendous opportunities for businesses across the region," Gharaibeh added.
One of the suite’s options is the Mobile Work Force Management Solution which can be integrated with multiple backend systems such as SAP, Maximo, Oracle, GIS Esri and many more.
The solution has capabilities to run on multiple devices with true cross-platform support that, unlike other solutions, doesn’t require generating and maintaining separate code for each device platform.
Hashim pointed out that the solution could also be integrated with peripherals such as GIS, GPS, barcode screen scanning, RFID and Bluetooth.
"Introducing the Mobile Workforce Management Solution in collaboration with SAP is a milestone that adds to our list of achievements in the area of mobility solutions," he noted.
"This new solution puts enterprise data into the hands of field service personnel and offers businesses the capability to fully automate their mobile supply chain," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services