Huawei plans UAE smartphone launch
Dubai, October 18, 2012
Huawei has unveiled plans for the UAE launch of two of its latest smart devices - the first quad-core smartphone, the Ascend D1 quad XL, and the world’s first 10 inch quad-core tablet with full HD resolution, the MediaPad 10 FHD.
A leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider, Huawei captured consumer attention at the Gitex with the release of Quad-core devices utilizing its own proprietary chipset.
Both of the Android-run devices will be available to the public starting from November 1 in retailers across UAE, said Jiao Jian, the president of Huawei device in the Middle East.
The company had showcased these devices during a Gitex sneak preview.
The upcoming releases characterize Huawei’s heavy investments in research & development over the past year and underpin the company’s recent arrival into the premium consumer electronics segment, remarked Jian.
“Huawei has listened to people’s top demands and focused significant resources over the last year to bring distinct advancements into the Middle East gadget industry,” he noted.
“Both the Ascend D1 quad XL and the MediaPad 10 FHD exceed all these expectations while expanding the realm of possibilities for consumers with Huawei’s own super-fast processor, extended battery life, and high-quality audio visual capabilities,” Jian added.
Breaking the industry mold, Huawei has selected to run both devices with its own proprietary quad-core chipset; becoming one of only two vendors globally to fully develop their own quad-core processors.
Featured exclusively within Huawei devices, the company now holds a coveted position within the industry in being able to pioneer its own advancements within the processor arena, schedule the release of such advancements, and realize cost efficiencies by managing the production line, said Jian.
Over the course of 2012 Huawei has carved out a solid foothold in the consumer market through an aggressive lineup of high-end devices that are expected to contribute to a 30 per cent growth in Huawei’s global consumer business—projecting revenues of $9 billion by the end of 2012.
Within the Middle East, Huawei Device has also focused on strengthening its regional distribution partnerships over the last year, and has successfully introduced a number of local smartphone models through the open market as well as operators.
Mohammed Abdulla Al Qassim, the general manager at IMS, a key trading company in the Middle East said, “Providing UAE consumers with the latest device technologies has always been a core focus for IMS, and we are proud to continue our relationship with Huawei in bringing these latest devices to the local market.”
“The gadget industry today is a dynamic business with new opportunities around every corner,” remarked Mansour Al Sayegh, the executive director of Al Sayegh Group, authorized distributor for Huawei devices.
“Both locally and globally, Huawei has proven its commitment to innovation through their device lineup, and that is reflected in consumer demand for the brand’s latest releases,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services