Acer ‘no 1 for notebooks in EMEA’
Dubai, October 18, 2012
Leading IT pioneer, Acer, has announced that it holds the number one position for notebooks across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) with a market share of 20 per cent.
The figures represent a growth of 3.8 per cent quarter-on-quarter or 22 per cent year-on-year in Q2 of this year according to Gartner.
With notebook market share of 15.4 per cent demonstrated growth rates of 1.2 per cent quarter-on-quarter (QOQ) or 6.5 per cent year-on-year (YOY). Acer was also ranked as the third PC vendor, according to data from IT research company Gartner for Q2.
In Q2, Across MEA, Acer consolidated its number three position in the overall PC market with a market share of 10 per cent, a year-on-year growth of 55 per cent. For notebooks, Acer is a strong third with a market share of 14.4 per cent, which represents a growth of 60 per cent year-on-year, a statement from the company said.
“Further strengthening of the Acer brand across MEA, while maintaining the focus on growth and conveying rewarding experiences to our customers and channel partners will be a key focus,” said Amin Mortazavi, vice president of Middle East and Africa.
Acer was number one for notebooks in the UAE with a market share of 17.6 per cent, representing a 230 per cent growth year-on-year in Q2.
It launched a series of new products for the increasingly tech-savvy Middle East consumers. The Aspire Ultrabooks S5 and S3 have been a firm favorite with consumers. Acer Iconia tablets have also been hot sellers, the statement said.
Acer also has a powerful line-up of complete and holistic solutions pertaining to the SME, education and corporate sector, across MEA.
It has plans to introduce more new products this year, the most noticeable being the Windows 8 powered Ultrabooks and tablets.
The company has appointed Amin Mortazavi as vice president for Middle East and Africa region. Mortazavi will report directly to Oliver Ahrens, president of Acer EMEA.
The appointment underlines the strategic importance of EMEA’s emerging markets. Mortazavi will be part of the new Acer organisation that reflects wider reforms in the region focused on growing profitability and revenue, it said.
Acer Middle East and Africa will host customers and media at the ongoing Gitex Technology Week which will be held till October 18 at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel in Dubai. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network