Etisalat was the biggest exhibitor at Gitex with a large theme stand.
Etisalat puts up good show at Gitex
Dubai, October 22, 2012
UAE’s leading telecommunications operator Etisalat said the recent Gitex was a huge success with the company launching significant range of services and applications for consumers and businesses at the mammoth ICT event.
Etisalat was the biggest exhibitor at Gitex with a large stand themed under ‘Shape Your World with Tomorrow’s Technology’.
Etisalat’s participation followed its strong involvement at Gitex Shopper and its involvement with ITU Telecom World 2012, organized by the International Telecommunication Union, which was held in UAE for the first time.
The event also saw Etisalat launch a significant range of services and applications for consumers and businesses along with creative solutions for the ICT sector. Etisalat also signed a number of strategic business partnerships during the week-long event.
Etisalat said the UAE was the leading country in the world in terms of using fiber optic network with more than 500,000 subscribers.
"Furthermore, UAE has become the number one country in the world in terms of fiber optic coverage with a connectivity footprint of 80 per cent. Etisalat is aiming to increase this coverage to 90 per cent within the next two years," remarked
Ali Al Ahmed, the chief corporate communications officer at Etisalat.
Expressing his pleasure at the stunning success that Etisalat achieved during its participation in Gitex, Al Ahmed said, "Gitex is a perfect platform for companies in the industry to enhance their relationships, communicate with the customers and continue the creation of technologies to meet customers’ needs."
Etisalat also launched the Middle East’s fastest 300Mbps internet speeds which will be available for use in homes at the end of this month.
With this achievement, the customers will be able to enjoy speeds three times faster than what is currently available in the market. Etisalat currently offers its customers 100Mbps internet speed, he stated.
For its e-Life service, Etisalat added a new feature for subscribers allowing parents to control TV content for their children. It also launched services tailored for the business sector especially in the Cloud platform and managed services areas.
During Gitex 2012, Etisalat teamed up with Sharjah Islamic Bank to provide electronic hosting solutions at Etisalat’s Data Center in Jebel Ali. It also signed an agreement with Al Hilal Bank to host the bank’s disaster recovery functions at the same data center. Etisalat’s Data Center in Jebel Ali enjoys an advanced infrastructure in a high continuity, reliable and safe environment.
Additionally, Etisalat signed a partnership agreement with GAPCorp FNI with the objective of providing mobile telecommunications solutions for Global Positioning Systems (GPS) services.
“Etisalat has played an important role in terms of enabling customers to try the new technologies that we are able to transform into a commercial reality including mobile services, home entertainment and business solutions,” remarked Al Ahmed.
"As well as this, Etisalat signed more than 20 strategic agreements with banks and government entities to provide ICT solutions that will help the technological growth of the UAE," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network