Global ICT experts set for Bahrain forum
Manama, October 24, 2012
Leading global Information and Communication Technology (ICT) experts will be in Bahrain next month to discuss ways to boost business growth through ICT advancements at a key regional conference.
The "MEET ICT 2012," which will be held at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre from December 10 to 12, will see around 450 delegates, 50 exhibitors and nearly 40 international industry experts discucss key ICT issues.
"MEET ICT Bahrain 2012 will highlight the ICT industry in the Middle East and contribute - directly or indirectly - to promotion of the role of Gulf companies in general, and Bahrain companies in particular, in this vital industry," said its steering committee chairman Ubaydli Ubaydli.
The event has a special role in spreading awareness on the importance of the information and telecommunication industry, and providing access to industry trends and developments for both regional and international participants, remarked Ubaaydli.
"It will undoubtedly have a positive impact on the progress and growth of the national economy," he added.
The two-day conference is being organised by Bahrain-based management consultancy Gulf Future Business (GFB) under a strategic partnership with the e-Government Authority, Bahrain ICT Suppliers Trade Association and the Bahrain Internet Society.
"MEET ICT is back in 2012 with an even bigger agenda and wider objectives," said GFB chief executive Ahmed Al Hujairy.
"Thanks to its rich experience and very strong partner support, this year's event will bring to the table some of the most celebrated international experts from the world of ICT," he said.
"There is an added level of encouragement and incentive for Bahraini companies and Bahrainis, who will be able to benefit through the assistance of Tamkeen, which will provide significant financial support towards a company's exhibitor stand fees or an individual's conference registration fee," he added.
Representatives from 44 countries attended last year's event and a similar turnout is expected this year.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution