Du gets UK, ISO accreditations
Dubai, October 29, 2012
UAE telecom services operator du said its corporate services department has been granted recertification of International Organization for Standardisation (ISO) 14001 and British Standards Institution (BSI) OHSAS 18001.
This follows a successful audit done by DQS a standard industry practice repeated every three years. The announcement coincides with du’s support to the World Energy Forum as a lead sponsor, which was held recently in Dubai.
The British Standards Institution (BSI) OHSAS 18001 certificate is the world’s foremost assessment specification for occupational health and safety management systems, while the International Organization for Standardisation (ISO) 14001 certificate acknowledges a rigorous corporate commitment to environmental management.
This underscores du's commitment to upholding the highest levels of health, safety and environment (HSE) practices, said a senior official.
"Being able to renew internationally-recognised certifications in our health, safety and environment practices is a testament to our intense efforts in these areas," said Rashid ElSheikh, the executive VP of Corporate Services, du.
"We have dedicated our efforts to ensuring a superior working environment for our colleagues, so that they spend their time in a safe, healthy atmosphere. This inspires them and empowers them to be more productive, by knowing that we consider their well-being to be an utmost priority," he noted.
“We consider occupational safety and environmental stewardship to be the basis of not only our exceptional customer service success, but of our responsibility to the UAE community. By setting a benchmark within our own company we can encourage our colleagues and community to aspire to similar standards,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit