Batelco upgrades command centre
Manama, November 7, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications provider, has upgraded its command centre and network operations centre (NOC) located at the company’s Hamala headquarters.
In the case of any crisis situation which may impact the provision of communications services, Batelco’s crisis management team (CMT) will convene at the command centre to discuss and implement solutions to keep Bahrain connected to local and international networks.
The CMT includes a number of Batelco’s general management team led by the company’s chief executive Rashid Abdulla, a statement from the company said.
The command centre and NOC are crucial elements of the company’s business continuity plan (BCP) which ensures its readiness to deal with any disaster.
Batelco holds annual BCP rehearsals which involve Batelco crisis management team with the support of several employees across the company, the statement said.
The company also has two alternative command centres located at its Hamala headquarters and its Telephone House in Salmaniya.
Batelco Group CEO Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa and Batelco Bahrain CEO Rashid Abdulla accompanied by Business Continuity general manager Dr Abdulla Al Thawadi and other executive management and officials, recently toured the newly upgraded command centre and NOC to experience first-hand Batelco’s crisis management facilities. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network