Etisalat, PCCS offer cloud service to enterprise
Dubai, November 8, 2012
Etisalat, the leading telecom operator in the UAE, has partnered with Pacific Controls Cloud Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Controls, to launch cloud services for enterprise customers.
The two entities will jointly deliver Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Cloud platform to enterprises customers across the GCC region in the first phase of its offerings.
The highlights of the offering include: on-demand Infrastructure as a service; subscription based payments; anywhere, anytime access; rapid scalability on demand; and pooled computing resources with high security.
The PCCS-Etisalat Cloud services are hosted at their Uptime Institute-certified Tier III Data Center located in Dubai Technopark. The facility is the largest data center campus of its kind in the Middle East.
The PCCS-Etisalat Cloud Services are available with customised plans to suit the various business needs of enterprises. The services help organizations eliminate the requirement to manage complex IT Infrastructure and lets them focus on their core business.
Dilip Rahulan, executive chairman, Pacific Controls, said: "We are pleased to partner with Etisalat to form a first of its kind alliance in the region between a telco and a managed services and converged engineering solutions provider.”
“The core objective of our partnership is to provide high-quality, innovative cloud-based IT infrastructure services to enterprises in the region.
“Our Cloud offerings will allow businesses to access a diverse array of applications and extend customers' IT capabilities with no capital cost, with significant enhancements to their flexibility, scalability and speed,” he added.
Etisalat has created a high-speed, redundant backbone network with an abundance of bandwidth which plays a significant role to reach Cloud to each and every individual and organizations at a fraction of the cost when compared with traditional ICT setup in standalone enterprises.
The PCCS-Etisalat Cloud Services is positioned to meet the IT requirements of multiple verticals including government departments, banking and finance, education, energy and oil, wholesale and retail, airline, logistics and real estate.
The PCCS-Etisalat Cloud services are available in the form of public, private and hybrid Cloud, based on the requirements and preference of business.
Managed services are designed to ensure maximum uptime for hosted IT services of the customer and are backed up by 24x7x365 monitoring and remediation services which ensure that applications or servers have minimum downtime. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya