Norton appoints Redington as UAE distributor
Dubai, November 13, 2012
Norton by Symantec has appointed top IT distributor Redington Gulf as its distributor for core security products in the UAE.
With this partnership, consumers can now purchase award-winning core security products including Norton 360, Norton Internet Security, and Norton AntiVirus at various retail outlets, a statement said.
“In the UAE last year, it was reported that a total of 1.5 million adults were victims of cybercrime experiences compared to the 556 billion globally according to the latest Norton Cybercrime Report,” said Tamim Taufiq, head of Consumer Sales, Mena Norton by Symantec.
“As the adoption and evolution of new technologies impact people’s security, more platforms become a lucrative avenue for cybercriminals. Norton recognizes the need for consumers to use their PCs and other devices with the confidence that their information and systems are safe, and this partnership with Redington Gulf reinforces our commitment to the region.
“We are committed to expanding our 2013 product portfolio in the Middle East region, in line with diminishing the number of cyber criminals and changing the way consumer protect their information,” Taufiq added.
Redington Gulf divides its workforce and allocated task based on product lines for enhanced service quality including Volume, Value and Telecom Distribution, Support Services and Logistics Services.
Within Redington Gulf’s volume distribution, Norton partnered with the Lifestyle Division, which launched in February. The partnership will provide Norton with consistent channel loyalty and commitment and continued penetration in SMB and retail segments.
“Successful partnerships are built on the foundation of trust, and our ability to maintain long-lasting relationships with our partners helps us and them to stay ahead of the game year after year,” said Saad Khan, general manager, Redington Gulf.
“We are very excited to partner with a global leader in security and help establish a seamless partnership with its retailers across the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- LTE leaders to tackle regional challenges in Dubai
- Batelco 'SMS Challenge' back with big cash prizes
- 7 win Etisalat million reward points
- Redington to distribute Oracle solutions in Mideast
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council