Demand for IT security solutions ‘on the rise’
Dubai, November 21, 2012
The growing proliferation of communications and Internet connectivity technologies in the region is causing a significant increase in demand for IT security solutions, said an expert.
Information security has gained strong interest and attention as businesses increasingly appreciate the importance of information assets, whose value is directly related to how much it is characterised as available, accurate, authentic, confidential, complete and not threatened, said Ahmed Ashadawi, president and CEO, Alfalak Electronic Equipment & Supplies.
“Many companies are now seeking to achieve ISO 27001 certification as part of continuing efforts to ensure that critical business data is not compromised in any way. Information has become a vital asset for many businesses, who now fully understand that the value of information can quickly deteriorate if it is not well secured,” Ashadawi added.
“Alfalak is strongly positioned to cater to the rapid increase in demand for information security solutions, as we offer only the best, highest-quality products that empower companies to easily achieve ISO 27001 certification.”
Building on the combined offerings across the divisions of the company, Alfalak provides state-of-the-art, integrated, end-to-end security solutions to secure information assets at every layer of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model, he added.
OSI is a reference model developed by ISO as a conceptual framework of standards for communication in the network across different equipment and applications by different vendors. It is now considered the primary architectural model for inter-computing and internetworking communications.
Alfalak caters to the critical needs of all types and sizes of organizations seeking to achieve compliance with information, network, and Internet security management system, empowering business organizations to secure the ISO 27001 certificate, Ashadawi explained.
The company’s solutions address risk assessment and management, security policy and management, physical and environmental security such as alarm monitoring and IP CCTV solutions, communications and operations management, access control, and information security incident management. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss