Batelco awards long service employees
Manama, November 22, 2012
Batelco, a leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, recently held a long service awards ceremony to award 153 members of staff who have been with the company for up to 35 years.
The event at the Sofitel Bahrain Thalassa Sea & Spa Hotel saw awards presented for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35 years of service.
Batelco Group chief executive Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa, Batelco Bahrain chief executive Rashid Abdulla, and a number of Batelco’s executive management team presented the certificates and cash awards to the recipients.
“It’s a true testament of the strong sense of family that is evident at Batelco that we have staff that have been working for the company for 35 years,” said Abdulla. “We have many Bahrainis who joined Batelco as students or graduate trainees and have remained with us throughout their working lives.”
“Their contribution to Batelco and to telecommunications in the Kingdom of Bahrain is very commendable. They have been part of a great industry that has shaped the way we all communicate having entered the industry when mobility and internet were a far sighted dream,” he said.
Batelco general manager HR Bahrain Suhaila Alnowakhda said: “Having so many staff members who have been with the company for a long number of years creates a great family atmosphere at Batelco.”
“Our long-serving employees lead by example. They work spiritedly and tirelessly, and are the backbone of our company,” added Alnowakhda. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain’s mobile firms told to boost services
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages