Dr Sarfaraz Alam CEO Texpo with Ted Reddicliffe,
chairman of Cannon Technologies
Cannon, Texpo ink distribution deal
Dubai, November 24, 2012
Cannon Technologies has signed an agreement with Dubai-based Texpo, a leader in data center projects, towards distribution of the former's T4 data centre solutions to end users across the Middle East and Pakistan.
Company CEO Dr Sarfaraz Alam was recently honoured at Power 100, an event which commends the 100 most powerful and influential leading Pakistani men and women in the world.
James Coughlan, director of Cannon Technologies Middle East, said: “Our agreement with Texpo is part of our expansion plan in the Middle East and Pakistan.
“We are proud to associate our products with Texpo, a business with a similar outlook to us in areas such as innovation and customer care, and which has a superb track record as a technology infrastructure provider. We both believe that this partnership will be a step in the right direction towards growing our business and servicing our client base in Pakistan.”
Texpo’s CEO, Dr Sarfaraz Alam said: “We’re at the centre of a fast growing market that demands innovative and robust IT solutions. Cannon Technologies has long been a market leader when it comes to developing ideas that make data centres run more smoothly and more efficiently.”
“Data centers are now the hub of so many successful businesses and we’re confident that this partnership will help to bring a new level of reliability to the market.
“And by opting for Cannon Technologies innovative products, we can provide great value for money to our customer in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) and Pakistani markets,” he added.
Texpo will distribute the full range of Cannon’s T4 Data Centre Solutions, including Free Form Aisle Cocooning, an advanced technology which provides cost-effective air cabling containment as a single integrated solution, and features vertical closure panels, support for legacy technologies and a low energy footprint.
Other products include a range of mini-data centre side mount cooling units, as well as the award winning ServerSmart Cab server cabinets, which offer unparalleled cooling capabilities and provide the perfect environment for universal housing of 19-inch servers.
Texpo will also be increasing the penetration of the recently updated Cannon T4 Data Centre Manager (T4 DCM) software suite. The latest version means the network operations centre (NOC) can monitor a company’s entire global data centre portfolio as a single bar on the monitor screen and allows preventative or restorative action to be instigated in seconds. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services