Du wins telco broadcast project award
Dubai, November 25, 2012
UAE telecom services operator du said it has received the Telco Broadcast Project of the Year award from the Broadcast Pro ME Awards, for its carrier-neutral transit and content hub, datamena.
Datamena was launched in October in line with du’s vision to enable enterprise and broadcast companies to host and distribute their content in the Middle East, said a statement from du.
It delivers a world-class, digital end user experience, with leading data centre facilities, high-speed connectivity and support services for content providers, Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), carriers and operators, it added
“It is an honour to receive the Telco Broadcast Project of the Year award for datamena. That our proposition is already attracting such positive attention is testament to the region’s desire and need for world-class capabilities to host digital content, close to end users," said Mahesh Jaishankar, the VP, Investments (Special Projects), du, who received the award on behalf of datamena.
"Digital media is growing at a staggering pace, and we are committed to giving our customers a competitive advantage in this changing landscape with an end to end product portfolio," Jaishankar added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award