Mobily, GO sign cooperation deal
Riyadh, December 2, 2012
Saudi Arabia-based Etihad Etisalat Company (Mobily) and its subsidiary Bayanat Al-Oula entered into a partnership with Etihad Atheeb Telecom (GO) yesterday (December 1) to extend cooperation in the area of integration of services.
The memorandum of understanding (MOU) is valid for 90 days from the date of signature.
GO shall provide Mobily with voice services and fixed lines, allowing Mobily to provide converged voice and data services in one package via its fiber-optic network aimed at houses and businesses after obtaining regulatory approvals.
In turn, Mobily shall allow GO to use its infrastructure in providing voice and data services via Saudi National Fiber Network (SNFN) across all major cities and governorates in the Kingdom and neighboring countries, which will help (GO) to increase its access to residential and commercial customers.
The MOU, which aims to enhance the positions of the two companies and their competitiveness on the local market, also provides for cooperation between the two companies in wholesale services provided by Mobily. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project