Microsoft launches Windows 8 in Kuwait
Kuwait, December 2, 2012
Microsoft Kuwait recently launched Windows 8 with its hardware partners Dell, Toshiba, Acer, Asus and Nokia.
“Kuwait has always been an early adopter of new technology, and in line with the global release of Windows 8 which happened on Oct 26, we’re taking this opportunity to celebrate the local arrival of Windows 8 on new devices with our consumers and partners,” said Ehab Mostafa, country manager, Microsoft Kuwait.
The new Windows 8 certified touch based devices and laptops that are new to the Kuwaiti market are available in all the retail stores, he added.
“This year is an exciting year for us, as we enhance and strengthen our relationships with leading hardware partners to bring innovative new devices to Kuwait. These new products are designed to make full use of the capabilities of Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, and we’re positive that customers in Kuwait will see huge benefits when they experience the new Windows on the latest devices.
“Business and consumer customers are going to get an enhanced experience when using the revolutionary and easy-to-use new user interface of Windows 8, and will also benefit from the wide range of apps that will be available from the Windows Store,” added Mostafa.
The latest features will be widely accessible to Kuwaiti users, with Windows 8 available on more than 1,000 new Windows 8 certified PC and touch based tablet models, all on sale at retail locations throughout Kuwait.
Additionally, Windows 8 will be available for download to upgrade existing PCs running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7. The product will also be offered in 37 languages in Kuwait.
To highlight the full Windows 8 experience, Microsoft has an interactive booth located at the Avenues mall, from Nov 29 – December 8.
Microsoft is teaming up with its hardware partners to display the latest Windows 8 certified devices, where mall visitors can try before they buy. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network