Mobily gets Saudi regulator nod for bonus share
Riyadh, December 2, 2012
Saudi Arabia's stock market regulator has approved a 10 per cent bonus share issue by telecom operator Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), according to a statement on the kingdom's bourse on Sunday.
Mobily will now hold an extraordinary shareholders meeting within the next six months to confirm the share issue, with those holding stocks at the close of bourse trading on that day qualifying, the statement said.
The operator, an affiliate of the UAE's Etisalat, will give shareholders one new bonus share for every 10 held. This will raise the number of shares issued to 770 million from 700 million.
Each share has a nominal value of SR10, meaning Mobily's capital will increase to SR7.7 billion ($2.05 billion) from SR7 billion currently.
When announcing plans for the share issue on November 19, Saudi's No.2 operator said it would finance the capital increase through its retained earnings.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project
- Expert outlines IT trends
- Nawras launches mobile business plans
- Etisalat launches new Nokia Lumia
- Huawei wins top vendor awards
- Cloud computing market to grow at 36pc