Batelco to stop email broadcast service
Manama, December 24, 2012
Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, Batelco, has announced that its email broadcast service will cease as of December 31, due to the availability of new and enhanced media alternatives.
With the growing popularity of social media services, organisations are opting to contact their customer base via such methods as Twitter, Facebook and SMS messaging services, to reach them directly and without any delay, a statement from the company said.
Batelco is committed to the ongoing enhancement of its product portfolio to offer customers the best products and services enabling them to excel in their businesses.
Ahmed Al Janahi, general manager, media relations, Batelco Group, said: “The communications industry is without doubt the most dynamic of any industry due to the rapid changes in technology and customers’ requirements.”
“Batelco works continuously to keep pace with international standards in order to deliver in-demand products and services needed by its business customers to remain competitive,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo