Bahrain sets deadline for post-3G licensing
Manama, December 29, 2012
The Bahrain Telecommuni-cations Affairs Ministry and the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) have announced the timeline for licensing Post 3G Services in the Kingdom, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The timeline will ensure that all activities related to the licensing process are completed prior to the Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix in April.
Details of the timeline includes extending the deadline to January 10 for responses to the public consultation document entitled Award of Individual Licenses and associated Frequency Licenses for the delivery of mobile telecommunications services in the 900, 1800, 1900, 2100 and 2600MHz frequency bands in Bahrain.
The proposed date for issuing the invitation to tender is January 24.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Bahrain’s mobile firms told to boost services
- Golden Systems wins ‘Best Contribution’ award
- Microsoft announces IT contest winners
- Info2cell.com to expand medical app scope
- StorIT wins top distributor award
- Ajman free zone signs deal with Arabisk Network
- Zain eyes IT acquisitions to boost data services
- Canon wins honours at TIPA Awards
- Viva Kuwait signs $270m loan with NBK
- Etisalat launches new roaming packages