Bahrain sets deadline for post-3G licensing
Manama, December 29, 2012
The Bahrain Telecommuni-cations Affairs Ministry and the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) have announced the timeline for licensing Post 3G Services in the Kingdom, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The timeline will ensure that all activities related to the licensing process are completed prior to the Formula 1 Bahrain Grand Prix in April.
Details of the timeline includes extending the deadline to January 10 for responses to the public consultation document entitled Award of Individual Licenses and associated Frequency Licenses for the delivery of mobile telecommunications services in the 900, 1800, 1900, 2100 and 2600MHz frequency bands in Bahrain.
The proposed date for issuing the invitation to tender is January 24.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project