Nawras CEO honoured at Dubai telecom meet
Dubai, December 30, 2012
The chief executive officer of Nawras, a leading telecom service provider in Oman, was presented with the Leaders Merit Award for Great Achievement and Leadership at a recent telecom summit in Dubai.
The summit, entitled ‘It’s all about Networking’ at the first ever Telecom Review Summit was opened by Nicholas Sehnaoui, Minister of Telecommunications in Lebanon, who outlined the far reaching impact that speedy development in the telecoms sector has had on other industries in addition to the economy in the region.
The summit brought together key decision makers from around the region and speaking at the event.
“I am thrilled to receive this award, it recognises the continued progress that Nawras has made and the state of the art products we continue to introduce as well as signifying that we are moving in the right direction,” said Ross Cormack, Nawras CEO.
“The summit provides a valuable opportunity to meet with other Chief Executives and discuss the latest market trends, which we can then use to provide our customers with more exciting new services.”
Cormack was joined by CEOs from around the region to take part in a panel discussion about the hottest industry trends.
Alongside to the CEO panel discussion, Nawras chief technology officer, Wolfgang Wemhoff, joined other leading CTOs from around the region in a panel discussion as they shared their expertise in how to overcome the main challenges when introducing new technologies to the market, especially discussing about data services. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award