Saudi Mobily plans $2bn capital boost
Riyadh, January 13, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, said it has approved a board recommendation for raising the capital by 10 per cent from SR7 billion to SR7.7 billion ($1.86 billion to $2.05 billion) through a bonus share issue.
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom operator in Saudi Arabia, said it has approved a board recommendation for a 10 per cent increase in capital through a bonus share issue.
The firm said in a statement posted on the bourse's website that a general assembly meeting approved a recommendation of the board to increase the company's capital to SR7.7 billion ($2.05 billion) from SR7 billion through a bonus share for every 10 owned by registered shareholders.
"The total number of shares will increase by 70,000,000 from 700,000,000 to 770,000,000. The aim of a bonus share issue is to enhance shareholder returns," it said.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- UAE’s ICT sector to grow 22.3pc in 2013
- Etisalat offers higher price for Maroc stake
- Orascom set to be delisted from exchanges
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai