Lenovo claims no.2 spot in EMEA market
Dubai, January 21, 2013
Lenovo, a leading global PC manufacturer, has taken the number two position in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) PC market with 11.1 per cent share in the fourth quarter of 2012, a report said.
The ranking is fuelled by the company’s growth and success in Russia, Germany, Denmark and Lebanon where Lenovo is now ranked number one, said the report released by International Data Corporation (IDC), a market research, analysis and advisory firm.
“In April 2012, we set a clear goal - to become the #3 PC vendor in EMEA and gain more than 10 per cent market share by 2013 - and we have achieved this well in advance of our deadline,” said Gianfranco Lanci, EMEA president, Lenovo.
“These results have given us a solid foundation from which to work in order to achieve our ultimate goal of becoming #1 in EMEA.
“In the coming year the market will see Lenovo bring even more innovative products to market; dominate the consumer space much more than we have done to date and deliver on our corporate strategy of being a PC+ company – i.e., designing products that have the additional features and functionality that consumers want – like our Yoga that is a laptop that converts into a tablet or the 27-inch table PC the Horizon, which showcased at CES,” he added.
In Middle and Africa (MEA), Lenovo has jumped up in the ranking to become the #4 player with 36.3 per cent year to year growth, the study said.
Oliver Ebel, executive director and general manager Lenovo Middle East & Africa, added: “Our continued growth in MEA comes as a result of our strong regional operations and commitment to our customers and partners. MEA has become an increasingly strategic region for Lenovo and we are determined to further grow our presence and invest in new growth markets.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract