Kalaam launches new SME broadband offer
Manama, January 23, 2013
Kalaam Telecom, a leading provider of data, voice, and ICT services in Bahrain, has launched its unlimited broadband packages for small & medium enterprises, introducing for the first time advanced security options bundled with the internet.
The 3-in-1 business broadband solution – internet, voice & security, comes replete with speed packages upto 16 Mbps; unlimited downloads; with free calls to landlines; free minutes to other networks and a comprehensive managed security solution that offers real-time protection against internet-based attacks.
“Keeping true to the vision of providing unique value to the customers through innovative solutions, Kalaam has invested in next generation technology, allowing businesses in Bahrain to be the first in the region to adopt broadband with united threat management (UTM) with advanced features built-in," said Veer Passi, chief executive, Kalaam Telecom.
"In light of the recent catastrophic internet-based attacks on corporate information systems in the region and globally, it is imperative for the enterprises to ensure that their network is fully secured as these attacks can compromise a company’s financials and affect their reputation.”
“In Bahrain, research survey findings have indicated that not only is there a lack of awareness amongst enterprises, regarding the vulnerabilities of their networks and the potential threats from the Internet, but also that there is a lack of in-house expertise to manage such risks.”
“Hence to meet this need, Kalaam is introducing Broadband solution with cloud-based UTM features that allows SMEs to get round-the-clock fully managed network protection against Internet-based individual & blended threats without incurring the distraction, expense, and complexity of implementing in-house network systems or security staff,” he added.
“Further, bundled with voice calls which provide unlimited free calls between branches or using Kalaam’s 161 number range, customers, especially start-ups get a complete one-stop managed solution,” Passi said.
KlikSecure offers three layers of security - email, web & network, which filters out unwanted traffic before it enters the access circuit by blocking spam and network-based attacks. Further, it provides enterprise-class protection against network, content, and application-level threats.
“Dynamic updates from the global threat research team ensure systems are protected against the latest threats. Customers have the option to select basic UTM features like antivirus to advanced ones such as firewall, intrusion prevention, application control, web content filtering, VPN, antispyware, WAN optimisation, two factor authentication, and anti-spam,” said Eyad Al-Naqi, products & services manager, Kalaam Telecom.
“Now even small companies can afford security with packages starting as low as BD 20/- ($53.19) rental providing savings of up to 60 per cent over standard market prices,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network