Etisalat BB10 launch receives record sales
Dubai, February 11, 2013
Leading telecommunications company Etisalat has announced that its launch of BlackBerry’s flagship Z10 smartphone witnessed record sales and customer turnout at its business centers yesterday.
Etisalat was the first operator in the UAE to offer the new device, which was available for pre-orders on www.etisalat.ae/blackberry to pre-paid as well as postpaid customers in BlackBerry Complete, BlackBerry Unlimited and BlackBerry Global packages.
The new device features a powerful and unique new mobile computing experience via the BlackBerry 10 operating system that will offer customers a faster and smarter experience, continuously adapting to their needs and requirements, a statement from the company said.
Every feature and detail has been designed to enhance customers’ mobility and the smartphone’s versatility.
Khaled Elkhouly, chief marketing officer, Etisalat, said: “The response to the launch of BlackBerry’s new smartphone has been very encouraging – surpassing all previous records. Business and personal users have shown a strong interest in both the new platform and the device, which offers a perfect balance between work and personal life. The tools available on the device are revolutionary and have unquestionably set a new benchmark in the evolution of the smartphone.”
Etisalat is running a BlackBerry Unlimited package special offer on the Z10 offering a discount of 50 per cent on rental for the first four months of purchase.
In addition, the BlackBerry Unlimited package, that was originally priced at Dh185 per month is now priced at Dh93, offering faster internet speeds and access to up to 10 email accounts in addition to social networking apps, and regular features such as BlackBerry App World downloads.
The other packages will be available at Dh79 for BlackBerry Complete customers and Dh299 for users on the BlackBerry Global package.
The device was available across eight business centers in the UAE. In the Abu Dhabi region, the Main Business Center and the Al Ain Business Center, as well as the Deira, Al Manakhand Al Nouf Business Center in Sharjah were open for the sale.
In the Northern Emirates, the Musharif Business Center in Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah Business Centers were also open for the launch. The BlackBerry Z10 was also available for purchase at terminals 1, 2 and 3 at the Dubai Airport, the Al Samha petrol station in Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah Airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion