Bahrain telecom firms pledge co-operation
Manama, February 13, 2013
Bahrain's four major telecom operators have pledged to come to each other's assistance in the event of any disruption in service, said a report.
The key decision was taken at a meeting of Telecommunication Regulatory Authority (TRA) with representatives from Batelco, Viva, Zain and Menatelecom held in the presence of Minister of State for Telecommunications Shaikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa.
The meeting had been called to discuss safety and security in Bahrain's telecommunications industry, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister newspaper.
The co-operation between providers in the event of any disruption to service was discussed at the meeting with those in attendance agreeing to work together in helping one another recover from any major adverse event in an effort to serve consumers, said the report citing a ministry statement.
The statement said handling of such disruptions by the TRA was also discussed.
The TRA representative assured those present it would speed up the process required to reroute communications traffic in the event of disruption.
"With increase in cyber-attacks on governments, industry and individuals, it is our duty to ensure that Bahrain is not only prepared in terms of telecommunications security, but also resilient in dealing with any disturbances," said Shaikh Fawaz.
"By meeting representatives from the industry, we have taken critical steps to foster a safe and co-operative telecoms environment," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase