Ericsson in key Bahrain co-op talks
Manama, February 14, 2013
A high level delegation from Ericsson led by its chief executive Hans Vestberg is in Bahrain to discuss key business proposals and also promote its 'Millennium Villages' concept in the kingdom.
Bahrain Minister for Communications Sheikh Fawaz bin Mohammed Al Khalifa welcomed the delegation and reviewed the latest IT, mobile and broadband technologies at the meeting.
Discussions with Sheikh Fawaz also focused on sustainable development, green initiatives, CO2 emissions, and integrating technology in healthcare and education.
The visiting team emphasized the importance of technology and how it can play a very significant role in enhancing citizen's lives, developing the economy and providing solutions to social, economic and business concerns.
They also voiced support for Bahrain's initiative to develop and upgrade its current ICT infrastructure, foster a fair and transparent environment for the telecom industry, and nurture healthy and balanced competition between the local telecom providers.
The Minister was updated on Ericsson's products and initiatives, including Millennium Villages around the world in cooperation with the United Nations, and expressed their desire to bring this concept to Bahrain.
The Ericsson team later invited Sheikh Fawaz to attend the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2013, to be held in Barcelona from February 25 to 28.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat's Egypt unit eyes stock listing
- Schneider enhances PowerChute with virtualization support
- Batelco shines at Dubai telecom show
- Zain warns over service disruptions
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design