Batelco, Ericsson strengthen ties
Manama, February 17, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain's leading communications company, recently hosted a senior delegation from Swedish-based company Ericsson at its head office in Hamala.
The visit strengthened the cooperative relationship between Batelco and Ericsson, and opened new prospects for further coordination and cooperation between the two companies globally, a statement from the company said.
Batelco Group chief executive, Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa, welcomed the delegation which comprised of top senior management from Ericsson headquarters as well as regional and country heads.
The delegation included Ericsson Group CEO Hans Vestberg and president of Ericsson Middle East region Anders Lindblad, and other members of Ericsson group leadership team, the statement said. In addition to Shaikh Al Khalifa the attendees from Batelco included chief executive Rashid Abdulla and group CEO of strategic assignments, Peter Kaliaropoulos.
“Aligning with strategic partners such as Ericsson who share our vision and bring in world-class experience and expertise to execute our plans, has helped us focus on our customers and market place. Our long standing partnership with Ericsson goes back to the early 80’s which reflects the strength of our relationship, helping us to fulfil our vision and continue to provide a superior customer experience,” Sheikh Al Khalifa.
Hans Vestberg, Ericsson Group CEO said: “Batelco is well positioned to empower the next evolution of the ICT industry in Bahrain and across the region and take the customer experience to greater heights. Throughout the years of partnership, we are together bringing the networked society to life in Bahrain and across the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite