Batelco, Ericsson strengthen ties
Manama, February 17, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain's leading communications company, recently hosted a senior delegation from Swedish-based company Ericsson at its head office in Hamala.
The visit strengthened the cooperative relationship between Batelco and Ericsson, and opened new prospects for further coordination and cooperation between the two companies globally, a statement from the company said.
Batelco Group chief executive, Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa Al Khalifa, welcomed the delegation which comprised of top senior management from Ericsson headquarters as well as regional and country heads.
The delegation included Ericsson Group CEO Hans Vestberg and president of Ericsson Middle East region Anders Lindblad, and other members of Ericsson group leadership team, the statement said. In addition to Shaikh Al Khalifa the attendees from Batelco included chief executive Rashid Abdulla and group CEO of strategic assignments, Peter Kaliaropoulos.
“Aligning with strategic partners such as Ericsson who share our vision and bring in world-class experience and expertise to execute our plans, has helped us focus on our customers and market place. Our long standing partnership with Ericsson goes back to the early 80’s which reflects the strength of our relationship, helping us to fulfil our vision and continue to provide a superior customer experience,” Sheikh Al Khalifa.
Hans Vestberg, Ericsson Group CEO said: “Batelco is well positioned to empower the next evolution of the ICT industry in Bahrain and across the region and take the customer experience to greater heights. Throughout the years of partnership, we are together bringing the networked society to life in Bahrain and across the region.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network
- Dubai to host ITU global summit