Viva starts service on eGov portal
Manama, February 19, 2013
Viva Bahrain, the newest telecom player in the Bahrain, has tied up with Bahrain eGovernment Authority (eGA) to launch its prepaid broadband and mobile recharge eService on its portal www.bahrain.bh.
"We firmly believe in leveraging the latest practices and partnership initiatives of the public sector. In line with this, we have launched the eService on the eGovernment portal as a step towards extending more service facilities on a wider scale," said Viva Bahrain chief executive Ulaiyan Al Wetaid during a meeting with eGovernment Authority chief executive Mohammed Al Qaed.
The Viva chief said that work was currently underway to list postpaid eService on the portal in the following months. The two officials later discussed the service and ways of upgrading it.
"Those wishing to take advantage of the eService can access 'Viva Prepaid Line Recharge' service to enter the required data in easy steps; including the type of package (mobile or broadband), the number and amount to be paid," he added.
Al Qaed said the tieup with Viva comes in line within eGA's strategic objective to reinforce the partnership between the public and private sectors.
"We are keen to increase partnerships with the private sector in order to improve collaboration among corporations to achieve better results that are in line with the new eGovernment’s national strategy 2016. This strategy emphasizes on the importance of joint co-operation between the public and private sectors,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch