Mobily showcases TD-LTE expertise
Riyadh, March 5, 2013
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a leading telecom services operator in Saudi Arabia, showcased its expertise in the TD LTE (Time-Division Long-Term Evolution) network at the recent GSMA conference held in Barcelona, Spain.
Addressing a gathering of top CEOs of global telecom companies, the Mobily acting CTO Alaa Al Maliki put spotlight on Mobily’s 'world records' of milestones including its achieving the highest volume term of data transmission and number of subscribers.
“Mobily fully understands the current trend of telecom sector in the region. Keeping this in mind, we plan to invest heavily in the data sector for the high revenue and positive impacts this sector has on customers,” said Al Maliki.
Mobily, he stated, had set a new world record in daily 4G data transmission, which reached more than 400 terabytes per day, outperforming the previous numbers of 350 terabytes registered for 3G.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mobily partners with PCCW Global
- Ministry in new major green IT campaign
- Thuraya forms new innovation department
- Mobily denies asking help for spying
- UAE firm patents new mobile technology
- Mobily picks Ericsson smart services router
- Orascom Telecom suffers $204m loss in Q1
- Orascom Telecom rejects Altimo buyout offer
- Windows 8 update coming this year
- Virgin among bidders for Saudi telecom licence