Orascom Telecom reports $469m Q4 loss
Cairo, March 6, 2013
Cairo-based Orascom Telecom reported a net loss of $468.9 million before minority interests in the fourth quarter, up from a loss of $123.5 million a year earlier.
In a statement on Wednesday the company also reported a full-year loss of $205.76 million, compared with a profit of $660.35 million in 2011.
It said the deterioration was driven by tax charges, foreign exchange losses and other financial problems.
Orascom Telecom, which is controlled by Russia's Vimpelcom , said its fourth-quarter revenue stood at $908.34 million, up from 895.71 million a year earlier.
Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) rose 23 percent to $425.50 million, while subscriber numbers reached 84.92 million, up 8.7 from the fourth quarter of 2011. - Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions
- Etisalat unveils 100 MB data for prepaid users
- Du backs UAE entrepreneurs unit
- Aruba names new EMEA vice president
- Survey to measure UAE mobile radiation levels
- Zain Bahrain on track to launch new network
- Microsoft assures foreign customers on spying
- Batelco wins ‘telecom deal’ award
- Samena summit focus on telecom issues