Batelco welcomes new TRA ruling
Manama, March 11, 2013
Bahrain's leading telecom services operator Batelco has welcomed the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA)'s new ruling which removes regulatory requirement on the company's wholesale international services.
Responding to a query from the reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication, Batelco Bahrain chief executive Rashid Abdulla said the company was very pleased with the new ruling.
"We have been working closely with the TRA to ensure delivery of the best deals for Batelco's customers and this decision will greatly support our aspirations," observed Abdulla.
"We appreciate the efforts of the TRA and support their aims to deliver world-class products and services at competitive prices for the Bahrain market," the official said.
The sector watchdog announced the finding that Batelco was not dominant in the supply of wholesale international services was an important step in ensuring that regulatory intervention only focussed on markets in which there is dominance of market power.
This is the first decision in which an operator previously holding a dominant position in a wholesale market has now been found not to be dominant, the TRA said.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo