Saudi to change landline numbers
Riyadh, March 11, 2013
Saudi Arabia's landline telephhone numbers will change with the adoption of the 10-digit system in May in some regions and in August in others.
The digit 1 will be added to the six geographical zone codes, said an Arab News report quoting the Communication and Information Technology Commission.
The Riyadh area code will change from 01 to 011 on May 13. However, there will be no change in the way of dialing fixed lines in the same city. But when dialing from mobiles to fixed lines, the new digit must be added, the report said.
The code change will be introduced on August 18 in the five other areas. The new code for the regions will be: Makkah 012, Madinah 014, Eastern Region 013, Qassim 016 and the Southern Region 017, it said.
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- UAE’s ICT sector to grow 22.3pc in 2013
- Etisalat offers higher price for Maroc stake
- Orascom set to be delisted from exchanges
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai