Batelco in talks to buy stake in India's RComm unit
Manama, March 14, 2013
Bahrain Telecommunications Company (Batelco) is in talks with Reliance Communications to buy a stake in the Indian operator's enterprise business unit, the former monopoly said on Thursday.
"We are in discussions with Reliance Group with respect to Reliance Globalcom, its global communications services business unit," Batelco chief executive Shaikh Mohamed bin Isa al-Khalifa said in an emailed statement.
Separately, Peter Kaliaropoulos, Batelco Group CEO for Strategic Assignments, told Reuters the talks were about buying a stake in Reliance Globalcom.-Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- HTC Desire 600 launched
- Huawei's Mideast revenue up 18pc in 2012
- Yokogawa-Petrobras in wireless deal
- 90pc of passwords ‘vulnerable to hacking’
- Etisalat supports mGovernment initiative
- Du lauches prepaid data bundles
- RTS Realtime opens data center in Dubai
- Batelco offers BlackBerry 4G LTE packages
- Etisalat yet to hear on Maroc Telecom bid
- Brocade appoints new country manager in Saudi