Etisalat to boost SIM card registration
Dubai, March 16, 2013
UAE's top telecom services operator Etisalat has introduced two new channels for SIM card registration in UAE to enable more customers to easily register their mobile SIM cards under the ‘My Number, My Identity’ campaign launched by the UAE Telecom Regulatory Authority (TRA) last July.
The new channels include the introduction of five new partners - Enjazat, OnTime, Leader, Fixit and Watha’aq - and an online process to initiate the registration activity. Additionally consumers can also call the toll free number to enquire on the registration status.
These five will add more than 40 locations across the country to serve customers and facilitate registration of the SIM cards.
For online registration, the process can be initiated on www.etisalat.ae encouraging all mobile subscribers to begin the procedure and thereafter complete at an Etisalat business center.
Customers can also enquire about the registration status on the toll free number (800121) which is available in four languages Arabic, English, Urdu and Malayalam. Etisalat business centers will continue to service SIM card registrations across UAE.
Ayman Eldessouky, the chief sales officer, Etisalat said the company had put huge efforts in supporting the TRA campaign by introducing new channels for registration and adding new partners.
"We believe that this initiative will help the cause of protecting the consumers and providing them an enhanced mobile experience by providing additional channels to register. Customers today need to be protected against the misuse of identity as well as be delivered a wide range of services meeting their changing needs and requirements," he stated.
The easy and quick registration procedure requires mobile subscribers to produce valid and original identification documents at any Etisalat kiosk and the new partner locations across the country, noted Eldessouky.
"Documents include Emirates ID or passport for UAE nationals, passport or GCC National ID for GCC nationals, and Emirates ID or passport along with valid residence visa for all other nationalities. Business and government customers are required to present a valid establishment card issued by the UAE Ministry of Interior," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- EIAST signs Dubai Sat-2 deal
- Etisalat unveils cloud solution for businesses
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya