Autodesk 2014 offers new features
Dubai, April 1, 2013
Autodesk has launched its new Design and Creation Suites, which offers more flexibility to innovate and marries desktop and cloud for more comprehensive industry workflows, the company said.
The Autodesk 2014 software portfolio allows building, product, plant, and factory design; engineering, construction and infrastructure; and entertainment creation professionals to innovate more, it said.
For the first time, the suites include new reality capture software and services that more easily incorporate both laser scans and digital photographs of the physical world into the 3D design and engineering process, it said.
The flexible, economical software access provided by Autodesk Suites means designers and engineers have a broader palette of tools to choose from — they can choose the best tool for the job at hand and better respond to changing business requirements. Suites customers on Autodesk Subscription will also have access to select Autodesk 360 cloud services that extend designers and engineers’ workflows to explore more design alternatives, collaborate more effectively and experience greater mobility. Subscription customers now can purchase additional cloud capacity as well, it said.
“With our 2014 portfolio, organisations large and small across every industry can simply innovate more,” said Andrew Anagnost, senior vice president of industry strategy and marketing at Autodesk. “Autodesk’s commitment to making our 3D design, engineering and entertainment software portfolio accessible to customers through suites workflows that connect to value added services in the cloud is unwavering.”
The 2014 family of Autodesk Design and Creation Suites includes:
• Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite
• Autodesk Building Design Suite
• Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite
• Autodesk Factory Design Suite
• Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite
• Autodesk Plant Design Suite
• Autodesk Product Design Suite
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Comguard unveils EnGenius’ solutions
- Interactive Intelligence names new VPs
- Polycom VVX media phones support Arabic
- Bahrain eGA to offer 26 new Apps in 2014
- Etisalat unveils high-data mobile bundles
- Bahrain to be ready for 5G network by 2017
- Eset wins top reseller award
- Etisalat wins performance award at CommsMEA
- Mideast IT spending to top $32bn in 2014
- MiX Telematics unveils fleet management solutions