CSC names head of Asia and MEA
Falls Church, US, April 1, 2013
US-based CSC, a global leader in providing technology enabled business solutions and services, has named Maruf Majed vice president and general manager for Asia, Middle East and Africa.
Majed will report to Thomas E Hogan, executive vice president and general manager for CSC’s Global Business Services & Regions. As the regional managing director, Majed will drive and coordinate all CSC operations across the region.
“Asia, the Middle East and Africa represent an enormous opportunity for growth,” said Hogan. “CSC is committed to establishing a leadership position in these important regions, and we are delighted to add an executive with Maruf’s credentials to our team.”
“I am thrilled to join CSC and look forward to leveraging CSC’s strengths in next-generation solutions, such as cloud computing, cybersecurity and big data, to enable improved business outcomes for our clients,” said Majed.
Majed has a rich background in technology leadership roles, including senior assignments at IBM, Gulf Business Machines, Siebel Systems, webMethods, and, most recently, Misys.
He holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of North Dakota and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Texas. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project