Menatelecom in plea over bank guarantee
Manama, April 2, 2013
Bahrain-based telecom operator Menatelecom has filed a case requesting it to freeze a BD623,000 ($1.62 million) bank guarantee concerning an agreement signed with Batelco to share connection network.
The case filed in the Urgent Matters Court has been adjourned for today to hear the defendant's attorney, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Menatelecom had signed an agreement to share interlink information system with Batelco.
Batelco, a leading telecom services provider in the kingdom, installed necessary equipment at Menatelecom premises, but Menatelecom moved to a new location three years later and asked Batelco to shift the equipment to the new premises.
Batelco considered that with such a request the agreement has been cancelled while it was valid for 10 years. Batelco also made reservation on the bank guarantee relating to the penalty clause stipulated in the contract in case the agreement has been cancelled.
Menatelecom said it didn't cancel the agreement but only demanded the equipment be shifted to the new location and urgently requested the court to freeze the bank guarantee until the case is settled. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution