Menatelecom 'surprised' by TRA 4G move
Manama, April 3, 2013
Menatelecom, a telecom provider in Bahrain, has expressed surprise over the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority's (TRA) decision to postpone 4G spectrum auction.
Earlier, the compnay won a court injunction order to be allowed to participate in the 4G LTE Broadband auction planned by the TRA, a statement from the company said.
Menatelecom had been excluded by the TRA from participating in the auction, it said.
“Ihis decision (to postpone auction) has been taken after the Urgent Matters Court’s injunction order to allow Menatelecom’s participation in the auction,” said the statement.
“Menatelecom was surprised by the TRA-Bahrain’s decision to postpone the auction date indefinitely despite the court’s decision,” it said.
In 2007, Menatelecom won the 3.5 GHz spectrum in a fair and transparent bidding process and since then the company has been a major player in the kingdom’s telecom sector of Bahrain, and it has injected significant investment into the sector, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- 'Smart' innovations for cities to be showcased
- TRA Bahrain launches new website
- Omantel share sale subscribed 1.99 times
- Virgin Mobile to launch Saudi service by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards