Optimus chief wins top executive award
Dubai, April 4, 2013
Optimus Technology and Telecommunications, a leading IT distributor, announced that its managing director has won the ‘Channel Executive of the year’ award at the recent Channel Middle East Awards 2013 in Dubai.
Meera Kaul was chosen for the coveted award in the Middle East channel community by the editors of Channel Middle East, Channel Arabic and ITP.net for her initiatives, contribution and commitment to the development of the regional channel.
Manda Banda, editor, Channel Middle East, said the ‘Channel Executive of the year’ award recognises an individual within a channel organisation who has done the most to help the broader channel, through personal initiative, dedication to serving others and hard work.
“Meera Kaul has shown exceptional commitment to the organisation she serves, and the broader channel and IT industry in the Middle East,” he added.
“Her involvement in growing and promoting entrepreneurship in the Middle East IT sector has seen her work closely with local authorities involved in developing policy frameworks that promote the growth of IT in the region. Her passion for entrepreneurship in the technology sector has led to the establishment of the Silicon Oasis TechForum, an initiative that aims to connect thought leaders and industry experts with aspiring entrepreneurs and innovators in the UAE.”
Kaul has been a leader in customer centric technology and ITES ecosystem in the Mena region for the last 13 years. Having focused on evolving a value-centric distribution network in her role as the owner and managing director of Optimus for the last five years, she has been instrumental in growing Optimus’ business across the Middle East and Africa by introducing global vendor’s portfolios to an enabled value channel.
Kaul said: “I am happy to receive the ‘Channel Executive of the year’ award, which I consider is the biggest recognition in the channel community. I would like to thank the editors at Channel Middle East for this honour and would like to dedicate this award to my team, our vendors and channel partners for being a huge part of Optimus’ success story.”
“We will continue to innovate our channel approach, services portfolio and value added service offerings by continuously being ahead of the curve and will work even harder to increase Optimus’ footprint in the Middle East while remaining committed to technological innovation.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services