Viva Bahrain receives top CSR award
Manama, April 7, 2013
Viva Bahrain, a leading telecommunications company in the Kingdom, has been awarded the Golden Order of Merit in the field of social responsibility in the Arab world for 2013.
The award was presented by the Arab Organisation for Social Responsibility in conjunction with the Tatweej Academy for Excellence Awards in the Arab Region.
The event was held at the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai, under the patronage of Adnan Ahmed Yousif, chairman of Union Arab Banks, and attended by a number of Arabian ministers and ambassadors, bank officials and financial institutions, a statement from the company said.
Layla Janahi, Viva director of corporate social responsibility, received the gold medal on behalf of Viva Jusoor, the corporate social responsibility arm of the company responsible for creating and actively participating in sustainable programmes and initiatives aimed at making a positive contribution to the wider community in Bahrain.
Tatweej Academy Awards has been held for three consecutive years and recognises the role of personalities and leaders in the world of finance and business, banking and the contribution of companies to the Arab world in the field of social responsibility. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project