Batelco launches fastest home broadband
Manama, April 13, 2013
Batelco, the Kingdom’s leading telecommunications company, has announced the launch of its new Super fast 100Mbps Speed Broadband Packages to its customers.
The company has started rolling out access to broadband via fibre optic (GPON) technology, which delivers superfast speed access to the Internet and allows customers to choose any of the Superfast speed Broadband packages available.
Existing packages will be still available along with the new packages, said a statement from Batelco.
Batelco has presented 3 new packages to suit its customers needs, with speeds up to 100 Mbps, with prices starting from BD50 ($132).
With these amazing superfast speeds, the broadband access will facilitate customers to instantly complete downloading movies, stream high definition videos, play online games and upload large files smoothly.
This is in line with the national broadband plan initiated by the government of Bahrain, to provide fast speed internet to every household in the Kingdom of Bahrain, said top official.
"In line with Batelco’s efforts to deliver the most sought after services, Batelco is first in the Kingdom to deliver the super fast speed with the launch of 100Mbps Home Broadband," remarked Batelco general manager (Media Relations) Ahmed Al Janahi.
“The launch of the advanced fibre technology is in line with our ongoing commitment to deliver the most advanced communications technology available to our customers,” he added.
Since the GPON technology is now available across the Kingdom, Batelco is launching super fast speed Broadband packages to allow customers to enjoy further enhanced experience with a very reliable and stable service.
“Delivery of faster broadband speeds is a core component of our business strategy that aims to meet all our customer segments’ needs and exceed their expectations,” he stated.
Batelco said customers can try the amazing 100 Mpbs Broadband speeds at Batelco Retail Shop in City Centre and surf at the speed of light with this cutting edge technology, brought only by Batelco.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network