Batelco opens all-weather football ground
Manama, April 15, 2013
Bahrain-based Batelco has opened a new all-weather artificial grass football ground at the company’s staff centre in Hamala, in line with its commitment to provide its staff with top facilities.
The new ground, which is suitable for 7-a-side football, was officially opened by the company’s CEO Rashid Abdulla and Batelco Bahrain HR general manager Suhaila Alnowakhda in the presence of a number of staff involved in the project.
Batelco’s Staff Centre (BSC) boasts excellent facilities which include a modern gym, outdoor swimming pool, tennis courts, squash courts and a full-size football pitch, in addition to the new artificial 7-a-side pitch. The football grounds, tennis courts and squash courts may be used by the general public, a statement from the company said.
“We are very pleased with the addition of this new all-weather football ground as football is the most popular sport among Bahrainis and there is a real need to provide a surface that can be used all year round that requires very little maintenance,” Alnowakhda said. “Batelco is committed to providing top-quality recreational facilities for its staff and their guests.”
“Our HR division has a very strong training and development programme which strives to provide a wide range of opportunities for staff. As well as opportunities for work related training and development, the company also considers social and recreational aspects as an integral part of its value added benefits for employees.” – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco wins key ISO certificates
- Global role for TRA Bahrain chief
- BlackBerry posts $4.4bn quarterly loss
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo