Batelco to provide 4G LTE at Grand Prix
Manama, April 16, 2013
Batelco, the official telecommunications partner of Bahrain International Circuit, will provide world-class communications services for the 2013 Grand Prix, implementing 4G LTE at the Sakhir track.
This makes it the first international racing circuit in the Middle East to offer permanent 4G LTE technology, a statement from the company said.
Batelco’s communication network at the BIC facilitates world-class connectivity for the teams, corporate guests and visitors to the show and ensures that the international media representatives covering the event can be in touch with their publishing houses around the world, 24/7, the statement said.
The provision of ISDN connectivity for the BIC’s PABX, caters for all voice and data calls both locally and internationally.
The company also provides international private leased circuits which may be used by the teams to transfer data back to their home-base after each day of testing or racing. Furthermore, its Internet over ADSL ensures that all the teams, media, sponsors and guests in the corporate lounges have world class connectivity if required, it said.
Batelco will also have a network technical team in place at the BIC throughout the weekend in case any support is required and additionally, Batelco NOC (network operations centre) personnel will monitor the networks around the clock in order to immediately resolve any communication disruptions.
“We are delighted to have the opportunity to showcase our delivery of first class products and services including superfast 4G LTE for participants and guests at the 2013 Grand Prix,” said Ahmed Al-Janahi, general manager of media relations, Batelco Group.
“We are very proud of our roles as official partner and also official telecommunications partner of the BIC and take our dual role very seriously,” he said.
“We are focused on demonstrating to the world that the Kingdom is at the forefront of technological innovation when it comes to business and customer telecom solutions.”
Tickets for the 2013 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix can be purchased at all Batelco retail shops, and its counters located within five BBK branches. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services
- STC launches advanced 4G network