Saudi Telecom inks strategic deal with LinkedIn
Riyadh, April 17, 2013
LinkedIn, a leading professional network with more than 200 million members worldwide and over five million professionals in the Mena region, has annouced a strategic partnership with Saudi Telecom Company (STC), the leading operator in the Kingdom.
As per the deal, STC will utilise LinkedIn’s talent solutions to enhance its recruiter engagement and talent acquisition in the region.
Riyadh-based STC is one of the largest telecommunication services provider in the region, with operations spanning 11 countries and over 170 million customers globally.
With its strong market position in Saudi and its expanding presence in key regional growth markets such as Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon and Bahrain, the deal between STC and LinkedIn will see the telecom giant reinforce its position as an employer of choice amongst telecoms and business professionals across the region, said a top official.
STC Corporate Communications general manager Nawwaf AL Shalani said, “With its position in the telecom sector, STC enjoys a competitive edge. The one thing that sets STC apart is to foresee and adapt to the technical trends, adopting a strategy that is capable of making a difference and maximizing social to share detailed information about STC services and offerings.”
"Through LinkedIn’s platform, STC plans to transform the way it drives brand awareness and acquires top talent," he noted.
"This includes strategic recruitment through its LinkedIn Career Page, allowing STC to create a hub to tell a rich story about who they are with images, video and employee testimonials," he added.
Ali Matar, the director of Talent Solutions at LinkedIn Middle East said, “We are focused on connecting talent with opportunity. As the world’s largest professional network, we are privileged to be a part of the talent acquisition and employer branding campaign of one of the region’s largest telecom firms."
"LinkedIn will enable STC to reinforce their position as employer of choice in both Saudi Arabia and the wider Mena region," he added.
Located in Dubai’s Internet City, LinkedIn’s UAE office, which opened in October 2012, serves as regional headquarters to over five million members in the region.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband