Nawras sponsors Muscat mall exhibition
Muscat, April 23, 2013
Oman-based telecommunications company Nawras has announced its sponsorship of ‘Oman History in Images: The Making of Civilisation through the Ages’ exhibition at Muscat Grand Mall, as part of its corporate responsibility.
Mutassim Hamood Al-Zadjali, Nawras head of CSR & events, said: “We are committed to engaging with the community through entertaining and informative projects, large and small, and always look to participate in activities which bring thought leaders and the community together to support the social and economic development in Oman.”
The company was also the telecom sponsor of the recent Oman Customer Care Conference and the Red Bull Soapbox Race.
“We were delighted to have the opportunity to share our knowledge and expertise at the second Oman Customer Care Conference at which we spoke about the importance of delivering an enriching customer experience,” Al-Zadjali said.
“The Oman History in Images exhibition raises awareness on the Sultanate’s rich and diversified history and shed light on the importance of preserving heritage sites across the country.”
“In contrast, the Red Bull Soapbox event was ground breaking for Oman with 42 teams competing and thousands in attendance during the first ever amateur soapbox roadsters racing competition in the Middle East. We are honoured to continue being part of such exciting, informative and hugely popular events,” he added.
The exhibition will be open to the public until May 17, illustrating the history and development of the country through high resolution images from each stage of history.
Beginning with the first presence of mankind in Dhofar about 150,000 years ago to the Majan civilisation period in the early bronze age and tribal gatherings during the early iron age, the exhibition charts the development of Oman to the modern era. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution