Du unveils Samsung Galaxy S4
Dubai, April 25, 2013
Du has announced its customers will be the first in the UAE to get their hands on Samsung’s eagerly awaited smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S4 3G, starting April 27.
The smartphone will be available at all du shops, as well as online through shop.du.ae, a statement from the telecommunications company said.
Customers can get the Samsung Galaxy S4 for free by subscribing to du’s 24-month 4GB data plan with any postpaid mobile plan, through the company’s smartphone privilege offer.
Du’s easy payment plan offers the smartphone with 1GB data for Dh260 ($70.7) per month, or 4GB of data for just Dh320 per month for a full year, the statement said.
“The demand we’ve received for the Samsung Galaxy S4 3G is even higher than expected, and we’re very pleased to be able to offer it to our customers. Not only will they be the first in the UAE to own this smartphone by purchasing it through us, but they can enjoy it with competitive bundled data and payment plans,” said Farid Faraidooni, chief commercial officer, du.
To benefit from easy payment plan, customers need to have a credit card from either Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank, Emirates NBD, Emirates Islamic Bank/Dubai Bank, Mashreq Bank or National Bank of Abu Dhabi.
For customers who want to purchase the device upfront, the smartphone is available at Dh2599. Du is offering customers 100MB of free data per month for 6 months as a complimentary pack to test its data network, or customers can enjoy 1 GB free upon spending Dh250 on any of the company’s prepaid and postpaid plans. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion
- Cyber threats focus of Bahrain security talks
- Bahrain tech expo to honour innovators
- Scope ME named distributor for InfoWatch
- Nawras quadruples 3G+ mobile services