Batelco starts SMS challenge
Manama, April 29, 2013
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecommunications company, has announced that its popular SMS challenge is back with massive cash prizes, starting today.
Throughout the competition period there will be numerous opportunities for customers to win cash prizes from $500 up to $50,000 as part of the total prize fund of $162,000, a statement from the company said. The event will go on till July 25.
As last year, there will be 64 daily winners of $500 cash prizes, 11 weekly winners of $2,500 cash prizes and one winner who will walk away with the grand prize of $50,000 on July 25. New prize additions for this year are that each week, for the next 11 weeks, $2,500 will be awarded to the participant with the highest number of accumulated points. Furthermore, a prize of $25,000 will be awarded mid-way through the challenge.
Customers can participate in the challenge by sending ‘B’ to 95555 to receive quiz questions mobile content as well as music from Sama3ni for every SMS sent.
For each correct answer, the participants will earn 20 points, while incorrect or invalid answers will give them 10 points. Cost of participation is 490 fils per SMS, the statement said.
“We held two SMS Challenge campaigns in 2012 which were extremely popular with our customers and we have been receiving many requests to repeat the competition,” said Batelco Group general manager of media relations Ahmed Al Janahi. – TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion