Mobily partners with PCCW Global
Riyadh, May 18, 2013
Mobily, the second largest telecoms company in Saudi Arabia, said its subsidiary Bayanat Al Oula has signed a co-operation agreement with PCCW Global to enhance its business opportunities.
PCCW Global is a leading international service provider that offers high quality connectivity on a robust and reliable IP backbone. The company is known for its coverage in 1,800 cities in 120 countries, including over 50 major cities in the Mena region.
The memorandum, which was signed during the International Telecoms Week (ITW) in Chicago, highlights the collaboration in defining & developing mutual areas of cooperation, enhancing & supporting data and voice services, in addition to partnering in wholesale mega and special projects.
Commenting on the deal, CEO, Khaldi Al Kaf said, “Our reliable and most advanced infrastructures in the region make us a strategic partner to global companies. We are delighted to have a partnership with PCCW Global, as we are committed to providing services that meet our customers’ needs.”
According to him, Mobily aims to enhance its service quality through co-operation with one of the big names that offers a variety of hi-tech complimentary services to the telecommunications industry including data and voice transit, which will be reflected positively to Mobily’s subscribers.
Mobily, he stated, is adopting innovation concept as a main pillar to support its leadership role through strategic agreements with global companies.
"Moreover, it has extensive partnerships with a number of international companies to enrich the telecom sector in the Kingdom. The company is also devoted to strengthen its reliable infrastructure to raise the capacity and efficiency of its networks," added Al Kaf.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Menatelecom expands bill paying network
- Du joins new global cable consortium
- Kuwait moves to create telecoms watchdog
- Batelco backs Royal Fund for Martyrs
- Egypt's Global Telecom posts $749m Q4 loss
- Red Hat launches open source BPM suite
- Batelco announces new board
- Batelco offers improved broadband
- You don't own phone numbers, warns TRA
- Tech giants back top Qatar ICT event
- Du to provide wifi access in public areas
- Zain finalises $800m, five-year loan facility
- Ooredoo Q4 net profit falls 36pc to $140m
- Mobily, Etisalat team up for LTE roaming
- Batelco approves $84m dividends for 2013
- Etisalat Q4 profit rises 70pc to $394m
- Kenya telecom firm to join Etisalat SmartHub
- Aruba appoints new sales director
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- VIVA extends 4G LTE offer
- Batelco to update students with latest technologies
- Etisalat SmartHub seals IPX agreement
- Etisalat picks Alcatel for LTE network expansion
- Boeing, QCRI host machine learning forum
- Mobily provides 4G LTE international roaming
- Viva Kuwait, Huawei to set up innovation centre
- Etisalat, Airtel deal to boost network services
- Batelco offers 4G LTE backup solution
- Arbor unveils ‘Peakflow’ solution
- Etisalat launches enterprise mobility services