Epicor clinches two new UAE deals
Dubai, May 20, 2013
Epicor Software Corporation, said it has won two new contracts in the UAE with Kibsons International and Hana International to deploy its next-generation enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution.
Kibsons is a fresh fruits and vegetables importer with a processed meat factory in Ajman, while Hana is a global supplier of diesel engine and agricultural tractor parts.
The implementations at both companies will be performed by Epicor channel partner Knowledge Web Consultancy, said a statement from Epicor.
Kibsons will implement the warehouse management system (WMS), distribution, finance and payroll modules of Epicor ERP across two key locations.
“We work in an industry where time and quality are of the essence, and we wanted a solution that would support our challenging operations,” said Husainy Sharbat, finance manager for Kibsons International.
“After investigating the best in the market we were drawn to Epicor ERP because of its smooth integration, compatibility with handheld applications, and its ease of use. We expect to see gains in terms of integration, customer and supplier extensions, controls and reporting as a result of our decision to go with Epicor,” he noted.
Hana chose Epicor ERP for its low total cost of ownership, quick return on investment, usability and integration. The company will adopt the system’s distribution, customer relationship management and integrated finance modules.
“The low cost of ownership and swift return on investment offered by Epicor ERP were compelling arguments that ultimately convinced us to choose this solution,” said Majid Sheikh, chairman for Hana International.
“Operation-wise, Epicor will boost our reporting abilities and the integration of our resource management capabilities, two benefits that will prove crucial to the running of our international marketing and distribution centre in the Jebel Ali Free Zone,” noted Sheikh.
Ian Walker, senior VP sales for Epicor in EMEA said the selection of Epicor ERP by Kibsons and Hana were testament to the solutions flexibility and multi-industry capabilities.-TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Virgin Mobile Mideast to launch in Saudi by June
- Cisco launches new platform for telecom operators
- Bit9 appoints new regional director
- Menatelecom launches new 4G offer
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming