Etisalat Nigeria signs $1.2bn refinancing loan
Dubai, May 21, 2013
Etisalat's Nigeria affilate has signed a $1.2 billion refinancing loan with 13 Nigerian banks, the United Arab Emirates' leading telecom operator said on Tuesday.
The medium-term facility will be used to refinance an existing $650 million loan and bolster Etisalat Nigeria's network, Etisalat said in a statement to the Abu Dhabi bourse.
Etisalat owns a 40 percent stake in its Nigeria affiliate, which is formally known as Emerging Markets Telecommunications Services Ltd (EMTS).
EMTS will acccount for 3.7 percent of Etisalat's revenue in 2013, HSBC forecasts in a research note. – Reuters
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Mobily App Store records 3m downloads
- Cyber threat spurs new drive to step up online security
- CSPs to face big revenue challenges
- Bahrain set to bolster e-content
- Batelco wins eContent award
- Trend Micro in cybersecurity deal
- Etisalat may revive talks to sell Sudanese unit
- Bahrain TRA to boost customer contact
- Batelco yet to receive Seychelles nod for CWS deal
- Zain, Ericsson in billing partnership deal