Amman to host convergence summit
Amman, May 28, 2013
Delegates from the telecom industry will meet to discuss about the state and future of the industry across the Arab region, in a summit in Amman, starting on June 3.
The two-day 10th Convergence Summit, organised by the Arab Advisors Group will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel under the patronage of Princess Sumaya Bint El Hassan, president of the Royal Scientific Society, said a statement.
The summit comes as telecom and media operators in the region capitalise on the growth of broadband users in the Arab world with its implications for social media adoption and the emergence of regional and local content as well as multiscreen offerings by telecom and media companies.
The discussion panels will focus on the state of the industry globally and regionally, the future of telecom services and media consumption in the region, the role of startups and industry incumbents, cloud computing trends, and strategies for broadcast, online and social media, a statement said.
In addition, the summit speakers will address important topics governing the industry, which include the role of technology vendors in the ecosystem, the dynamics of supply and demand, demand for VSAT services by telecom operators, the broadband markets in the region and their role in enabling the convergence ecosystem, as well as digital content, mobile and e-commerce and payments, it added.
The delegates will interact with an array of 58 speakers during the summit. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Huawei sees 4G revenue double to $4bn in 2014
- Govts must design hitech apps to woo citizens
- UAE to launch mobile number portability Sunday
- Batelco offers automatic bill payment
- Etisalat unveils business solutions for SMEs
- Top honours for Nawras female engineer
- Bahrain TRA showcases services at expo
- Mobily to review IT trends
- Du offers special roaming rates
- Etisalat completes first phase of key IT project