Amman to host convergence summit
Amman, May 28, 2013
Delegates from the telecom industry will meet to discuss about the state and future of the industry across the Arab region, in a summit in Amman, starting on June 3.
The two-day 10th Convergence Summit, organised by the Arab Advisors Group will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel under the patronage of Princess Sumaya Bint El Hassan, president of the Royal Scientific Society, said a statement.
The summit comes as telecom and media operators in the region capitalise on the growth of broadband users in the Arab world with its implications for social media adoption and the emergence of regional and local content as well as multiscreen offerings by telecom and media companies.
The discussion panels will focus on the state of the industry globally and regionally, the future of telecom services and media consumption in the region, the role of startups and industry incumbents, cloud computing trends, and strategies for broadcast, online and social media, a statement said.
In addition, the summit speakers will address important topics governing the industry, which include the role of technology vendors in the ecosystem, the dynamics of supply and demand, demand for VSAT services by telecom operators, the broadband markets in the region and their role in enabling the convergence ecosystem, as well as digital content, mobile and e-commerce and payments, it added.
The delegates will interact with an array of 58 speakers during the summit. - TradeArabia News Service
More IT & Telecommunications Stories
- Batelco unveils new business broadband package
- Mobily seals Bharti Airtel partnership deal
- VIVA launches exclusive rewards program
- US govt to shed control of net addresses
- Etisalat sets ultimatum for SIM card registration
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- UAE mobile radiation levels below global standards
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SAP unveils new cloud platform
- Zain launches smartphone insurance
- Windows XP users warned on usage risks
- Tecom units welcome 181 new companies
- Ooredoo chairman joins WB gender equality council
- Mobily, Jasper start wireless M2M service
- Telecom Egypt expects mobile licence in Mar or Apr
- Sandvine wins big Etisalat follow-on order
- Aveva software for engineering plant design
- Nawras to upgrade VSat services across Oman
- Mobily, Huawei sign smart network contract
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- 4-pillar approach for telecom operators to boost growth
- Dubai mobile emissions below global standards
- Nawras signs capacity contract with SES
- Etisalat showcases satellite solutions at Cabsat
- Batelco launches 4G LTE roaming
- Gulf Air clinches best innovation award
- Viva inks Pepsi partnership deal
- Du offers free smarphones on tablet purchase
- Batelco launches double credit promotion